Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Lovely Night

Being away from home is made so much easier when you have wonderful friends who live only an hour away from college that you can visit!

Right after I started college in August my friends from Georgia moved to Arkansas (much closer to me than any of my other family or friends). Because of my busy schedule and them trying to get settled last night was my first time to visit them but being in a home, around familiar faces, with home cooking made for a refreshing night.

I arrived in the afternoon and had time to talk with Morgan for a while plus hold sweet 7 month old Scarlett and play with 2 year old Silas before David got home for dinner. Being around little ones was so wonderful... something I miss terribly while being at school! 

Morgan made homemade soup and cornbread which was perfectly delicious. Because she knows how much I love to bake she let me make muffins. It was a little experiment since we didn't have any bananas or "normal additions" to add to the ingredients but Morgan had some canned apple butter so we decided to try that. It was definitely a success! 

After muffin making and dinner I stayed for a bit and just spent time with them. Morgan sent me home with leftover homemade soup and a bag full of the muffins we made. I know what I will be eating for some meals in the next week :)

Thank you Verdery's for a wonderful time and for the goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment