Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Beauty of This Morning

Sometimes you have to take advantage of those mornings on the days where you have no classes until 1 in the afternoon! Today I did that.

After pleasure reading for a bit last night I went to bed at the lovely hour of 11:30 then proceeded to sleep for 9 hours until my alarm went off at 8:30. I just laid in bed and prayed for some time to prepare myself for the day. After choosing the perfect "throw back thursday" picture (that's always a good time) I warmed a couple of homemade muffins (those yummy Apple Butter ones I mentioned in my previous post), made a nice cup of coffee, and cracked open my pleasure book again. I read for over an hour! Reading is one of my favorite past times and I rarely have time to dive into a book for that long. I then finished a report for lab and read the chapters for my lab quiz this afternoon! I even had time to curl my hair - this makes for a lovely day! For lunch I don't even have to leave my room. I get to eat the yummy soup Morgan made because she was so kind to send some back with me! :) Today has been quite wonderful! Not to mention, having time to write on my blog always makes me happy! 

Here is a little excerpt from the book I have been reading,
"But the issue is to accept who you are and revel in that... You have to find what's good and true and beautiful in your life as it is now." 
(Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom)

I am about to finish this book and I am so excited that I actually have had the time to do this. Now I have two weeks to start and finish The Hobbit before the movie premieres! 

In college day like these are rare so I make the most of them when I can! This is especially refreshing as classes come to an end and there are projects due and much studying to do for finals.  

Enjoy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment