Thursday, December 6, 2012

NO. MORE. LAB.

Those three words bring much relief and excitement to my day! Today was a long and challenging day but after today's lab I no longer had to go to a lab again!

Yes, there have been some exciting times in lab. I have performed some interesting experiments and made great memories that only science nerds can make together. We have laughed over cheesy phage jokes and almost cried when our phage didn't "do what it was supposed to." There were a lot of days we didn't want to be in there and plenty of times we got tired of reading our little virus book. I now know more about viruses, phages, and bacteria than I could want.

We (except for those really smart people) suffered through one of the hardest midterms and after today a final too! No, the grade reflected from those tests does not show what I have learned in this class, but the work I accomplished and the presentations I have given expressed great knowledge in areas I did not know I would grow in!

Today marked that wonderful accomplishment. Just Friday's four morning classes and I will be right on my way to a 3 day weekend, followed by 3 days of finals, and the most exciting yet bittersweet five hour drive home!

No comments:

Post a Comment