Monday, January 28, 2013

A Moment In Time

The day is chilly and overcast. It's calm and peaceful. Like my heart. Rays of sun occasionally sneak through the clouds mimicking the joy that keeps making it's way from my heart to my lips.

Ducks are serenely floating the pond stretched out before me. They seem to feel that same peace that is encompassing me right now.

Tilting my head to the left a sweet little lady sitting on the bench with her tackle box and fishing pole catches my eye. She prepares the bait and casts the line. Patience. She waits. Much like God has been teaching me to do.

There is a mom walking with her son, watching the ducks. He gets too near the pond and she quickly wraps her arms around him, protecting him. What a gentle picture of my Daddy God's love for me. Walking with me and never leaving my side. Quick to protect me.

I'm in awe of His creation - nature, animals and people alike.

There is so much life all around us. Notice it. Embrace it. Learn from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment