Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Get Up

Sometimes I get tired. Sometimes I am confused. Sometimes I feel like I cannot see what is in front of me. Sometimes I am just completely overwhelmed with life.

I've realized those are just feelings - feelings that pile up - feelings that if not put in the right place become what lead you. 

There is little consistency in my life right now. I am not in school. I am not working a normal job. I don't have anything that is weekly scheduled. I do work, but it is random. I have plans, but they are occasional. The people in my life are all at a different place than I am so what I really feel is loneliness - because of the inconsistency, and the lack of schedule, and the road I walk alone. 

There is no self pity in this place. I think I asked for it, honestly. I prayed that He would use me for something great - that my life would glorify Him. I asked for God to "lead me where my trust is without borders." I still desire that. It has just been hard - lots of lonely roads and trials without explanation. It is just where I am. 

God opens doors and He speaks. That is consistent. He is always there. 

So you know God has called you. You know He has a plan. When you question it and when it gets rough, get up. Don't lay there thinking about how tired you are, how foggy your mind and your heart are, or how you have no idea what the next thing will look like. Your mind will become more foggy. Take captive your thoughts.

Keep going. Keep trusting. Take a walk. Drink a glass of water. Eat fruit. (I was trying to get practical. I promise it helps.) The point is do something that makes you feel better. 

It will get better. I'm saying this for me and for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment