Saturday, March 30, 2013

Where He Is Taking Me Now

A new adventure is ahead of me so I guess it's about time I get on here and update again. The past couple of months have been a transition time for me. Even while it has felt inconsistent there has been a purpose to all that I have done. Now, though, I'm moving into more of the calling that connects so perfectly to my heart and ignites my passion even more.

My heart is for people. I want to love people, help people, and serve people. That is how I want to spend my life. When an opportunity comes your way that aligns so close with those desires how can you not take it? 

My good friends, Chris and Amber White, started Count Me In over five years ago. Their ministry is directed towards the next generation; they want to raise up leaders and empower young people to operate in the gifts God has placed in them. Because of that they started putting on a youth camp in Kenya, Africa. Each year it grew and more of the country was impacted. God has expanded their ministry through people in Kenya who caught the vision and wanted to run with it. God also opened the doors for them to open up a youth conference in the USA. Their heart is larger than where they have been able to impact but as God opens doors and brings provision they will be able to fully walk out what God has put in their heart. 

Last summer I participated in the USA youth conference. A couple of months later in August I was a part of the team to go to Kenya for two weeks of ministry on the streets, in the orphanages, and with the youth from all over the country. My heart was changed and captured. As the months have passed I have been able to see more and more into the heart behind Count Me In. It isn't just about a camp or a mission trip to Africa. They love people. They want to see people come off the streets. They want to share hope. 

That is where my heart is. I want to be a part of making a lasting change. Count Me In is an avenue that God has provided for me to do that. 

I am now an intern with Chris and Amber at Count Me In and I couldn't be more excited for the journey ahead. I do not know exactly what it will look like but I do know their hearts are for more of Jesus and I couldn't think of anyone I would rather partner with to be His hands and feet.

This is a journey that I've been anticipating for a while. Being a part of an internship like this does mean raising support for myself. I will be able to share my story and give others the opportunity to partner with me as I partner with Count Me In. I am excited to see how God works and provides for this season of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment